AAOHN By Laws Vote
Just a reminder to vote "YES" on the proposed AAOHN bylaws.
If the new bylaws are approved, the following items will change:
- Regional, State and Local membership will become optional.
- AAOHN National Dues will decrease to $165
- AAOHN will no longer have to review or approve chapter bylaws changes.
- Chapters will have the ability to evolve and change their business models to meet local needs.
- Chapters will be able to market to other members according to their own bylaws.
- Chapters will need to market more actively to recruit and retain their membership.
- Some chapters may become non-viable and it will be the responsibility of the surrounding chapters to reach out and market themselves to the remaining members.
NJSAOHN and NEAOHN are strong organizations with a very long history. This change will give us the freedom to become more responsive to the needs of our local nurses.
I urge you to vote "Yes" on the ballot.
Thank you and take care,